Monday, August 11, 2008

Hair-ific

For those of you who don't know, there is a whole hair blogging community out there. Moms who have done their daughters' hair and are sharing inspiration.



You know Moms who have daughters that haven't just cut off all their hair.



There are some real artists out there. Some of the styles they do are just amazing. Amazing styles and amazing that the girls will sit still for it. I still check out all of them, hoping that I will find something new that can be adapted for 2 inch long hair. Or I will learn of some new product that I can use to wrangle 2 inch long hair into a fantastic style.



I really think that my facination for doing hair comes from the fact that I NEVER got my hair done as a kid. My mom had her hair done and hated it or something like that. Oh how I coveted those ponytails and twists and bows. But my hair was too "thin" for long hair so this was my haircut growing up:

Grade 1

But that isn't even the worst of it--Look at what the next year brought:

Did you notice the lack of flowers in the second grade picture? Do you know what that means? That means they put me in the boy pose instead of the girl one. And really-who could blame them.

MaybeI am going overboard with Thumbelina, and by so doing, her daughter will look like this, but can you really fault me?

So I will continue to troll all of these great, super, fantastic, wonderful, inventive, cute, creative, fun, exciting, amazing, phenomenal, and just plain cool hair blogs. That and pray for my daughter's hair to grow.

5 comments:

Thelissa said...

Who knew such a "world" existed! Thanks for the info on hair!

Laura said...

you and I had the same cut - for the same reason - as youngsters!

My little girl is still pretty much bald...but I still plan for the day when I can do a pig tail...perhaps by the time she is 15!!!

I think your daughter's new do is very cute!

Anonymous said...

I remember being called a boy when I was about 6 or 7. Why my mom would inflict that, I still wonder! :) Thank you for the links! Being such a tomboy growing up, I often wonder how to do different cute things with my girls' hair! Now I know!!

The Rose Family said...

I still think you had it easier than me-- I singlehandedly introduced the world to the femullet. Hey-- don't tell anyone about that. There are some people in Nebraska who are looking for the person who first sported their state hairstyle.

Anonymous said...

Well said.