Friday, August 22, 2008

Clothing Manufacturers SUCK!

Remember the shopping trip where my head exploded? Well, I found two pairs of pants: one was size 7, the other 7X. ET tried on both pairs and I could not find any difference in the size. I wondered about the 'X.'

I washed both pairs of jeans. I might not have until he wore them but the clothing manufacturers put these stickers extolling the virtues of their products all over said products and the stickers? They don't come off. So into the washer both pairs went. I followed the care instructions--something I usually only do with my clothes. I washed them in cold water. The tag said I could dry them, I decided against drying. I want these pants to last. Just once with this kid I would like for him to wear out his clothes instead of growing out of them. (I understand my feelings will change on this later.) So I hung them up to dry.

Now I know the difference.

Apparently X is a non-shrinking factor.

Now please excuse me while my head explodes again in the saga of the incredible shrinking pants.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

argh! That is so frustrating. Do they at least still fit him?

Thelissa said...

Oooooo, I'm bugged for you!

Mom O Matic said...

They expect us to do algebra now? Bastards.