Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Big Day for a Little Girl

Thumbelina had her 4 year check-up today. She is still below the 50th percentile for everything. She got all of her immunizations to keep her up-to-date until she hits Jr High. Thank goodness for a doctor that understands. She screamed her head off and kept yelling, "Take it off! Take it off!" But of course, two bandaids, one princess sticker and a bag of gummy bears and everything was all better.


Then...

And she had a blast at her first Karate class. The teacher even said she had great focus. I had to finish up an Etsy order so I didn't get to go--but I am definitely going next week.


She got at least 7 compliments on her hair yesterday. While I am glad that random people think my daughter's hair is cute and are reinforcing that she does indeed still look like a girl, I am worried that she will think it is okay to cut her own hair again. I am not sure I could take that!

But you know what my favorite part of her short hair is? What it looks like in the morning.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Love the new morning hair!!!

She looks great in her uniform!