Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fingers Crossed, Knocking on Wood

I had another doctor's appointment on Friday. He asked how I had been feeling and I was pleased to report that I have had 2 (count 'em 2) good days this week where I never even thought about taking a pill. He said it wouldn't go away all at once but I would find myself having more and more good days...fingers crossed, knock on wood.

While I was at my doctor's appointment, the doctor had a hard time finding the heartbeat. Since we have never had a problem finding a heartbeat on any of my other kids, I got a little nervous. The doctor kept going around and around on my baby bump. This probably only lasted about 2-3 minutes but it seemed like forever! Then he thought he had it for a second. More searching, and then we heard it. It seemed a little slower than Munchkin's (fingers crossed, knock on wood) but steady.

And I didn't gain any weight! This is the first OB appointment I have EVER had where I can say that! But now that I am feeling better, I am sure the pounds will come.

4 comments:

lauralquinton said...

whew. I'm glad it was just a scare and nothing more than that!! Isn't a slower heartbeat a boy? LOL.

Laura said...

So glad they found the little one's heart beat - those minutes searching can feel like a lifetime.

HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things went well and they heard the heartbeat. This little one looks like a trickster!

GustoBones said...

It is amazing how once the nausea and yucky morning sickness wears off a bit, the lbs just magically appear(at least they did for me). I am sure it had nothing to do with all the junk I ate when I was pregnant!