Sunday, October 5, 2008

Down to One (and a bit)

This weekend I lost two of my children. That's right. So now I only have 1 child...and the bitty one making me sick.

ET got upset with me when I was short with him when he came begging for food. But seriously--they will eat a meal and then 15 minutes later ask for a snack.

So he told me that he wasn't going to be my son anymore.

Then, while he was in Thumbelina's room sulking, they had a talk.

Thumbelina then told me that she wasn't going to be my daughter anymore.

I told her that was fine with me because since she wasn't my daughter anymore, I didn't have to feed her, or get her drinks, or let her print on my computer, or buy her toys, or any of those kinds of things. I made sure to mention that Munchkin would still be getting all of that stuff because she was still my daughter.

She said, "Well, I can still be your daughter if you let me print on your computer."

I'm still not convinced that's a fair trade.

3 comments:

Spencer said...

That's harsh. I wonder where they got that one from? At least now you don't have to take care of them.

The Rose Family said...

Can I be your daughter? I need to print some stuff off and I definitely want some sort of toys! And I'm' reeeeeeeaaal thirsty.

Good luck with your 1.3 remaining children.

Thelissa said...

Don't you love those kinds of conversations. Real self-esteem boosters. :) Good thing we know they don't really mean what they say!