Friday, February 12, 2010

Slow It Down Now!


Squirt is almost 9 months. She had her fun check up yesterday. She smiled at herself in the mirror, laughed at my shoe and failed her gross motor skills. Last check up she was okay but barely. This time she failed it! She doesn't stand, she doesn't crawl. I told the doctor she acts more like my 6 month olds than my 9 monthers.The doctor said to work with her on gross motor between now and her 12 month check and we'll see then. It could be a little too much help from siblings. BUT...she did say she wasn't worried about it much because all of her other areas are GREAT!

So for this month, I am going to work with Squirt on her standing and her moving around more, and I am going to get my house ready for a mobile baby.
She has slowed down on her weight and height--down to 43% for weight and 50% for height. They measured her height wrong last time so she actually 'lost' half an inch. She was less than thrilled about the shots but calmed down soon enough. Then she slept from about 5pm until I woke her up at 8 for her bottle. She went right back down and slept until 7:30am. I love how this kid sleeps!
Now if we could just get Munchkin to sleep all night and stay in her bed past 6 am...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a doll!! I love that age! Maybe you can put cookies around the room for her to crawl to! One of these days girl, we're going to have to meet! :)

Shaunee said...

Don't worry too much! Zac didn't start walking until 20 months. We had all sorts of therapists trying to help him but he didn't do it until he wanted to and there was nothing I could do to make him. Now, he won't stop! She is a doll! Sounds like a great little girl.