Friday, May 28, 2010

Child Labor

I have finally put my foot down. I spend hours washing, drying, folding and putting away the laundry. And then the first time the kids get dressed, everything is unfolded and a giant mess. So I came up with a solution. I will wash and dry but the kids fold and put away.

Even hubby folds his own clothes (mostly because I have to wander the house and find all of his dirty clothes to wash.) Munchkin does a great job. The clothes don't look great but she is so proud of herself. And now, all my hard work isn't wasted. As long as the shirts get into the shirt drawer, and the underwear into the underwear drawer and the pants, jammas and skirts are where they belong, I am happy.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Good job, Erin! I love that picture too.

The Rose Family said...

I'm so proud-- way to reclaim your house. I've got to come up with the same solution-- when is a child old enough to not destroy your laundry folding? 2? 2 months? Good job.