Friday, January 22, 2010

Rearrange

I love to rearrange my house.


I hate that there are only certain ways that the furniture will work.


Yesterday, I laid down for a nap (squirt is sick and was up most of the night before) and I started wondering if my bed would fit better in my room the other direction. About 5 minutes later, I got out of bed and went to find my tape measure.


Not only would it fit but it would fit sooooo much better!
This is before. Our bed was in front of the big window, with a nightstand on each side. Hubby's side of the bed also had the dresser and the TV stand. It was crowded even without all the stuff that accumulates in our room.



So yesterday, I decided to switch it up. I moved the bed (a king sized bed all by myself!) to the other wall under the high window. And put the dresser and TV stand at the foot of the bed. There is so much more room this way!

I still need to declutter a bit more, and figure out what to do for the walls and curtains. Yes, that is a sheet tacked up over my window. And I am not sure how much it actually hides now that the bed isn't blocking most everything.
And notice the extra blanket on my side of the bed. Now that I am not pregnant, I am back to being cold all the time!
Next up I am going to repaint the cupboard and nightstand on Hubby's side to help it match a bit better.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Do you want to come do my house? It looks good. Hey by the way what happen to the window on your car?

Anonymous said...

Love the new layout! I totally am with out on the extra blanket on one side of the bed. I feel like I'm living in the tundra at night!

Rhonda Barnes said...

Way to go.....I am always doing that!! Really makes you clean things up and have lots and lots of room. Love you guys!!! Love all the kids in bed with daddy! Grandma Barnes