Monday, November 30, 2009

Week in Review

We had such a nice, stress-free Thanksgiving break. Hubby ended up getting Wednesday off work so it was an added bonus. We hung out, cooked, ate and played for 4 days! We took the kids to see UP in the theater and they all did really well. They shared the popcorn and drink, they watched the movie, and, as Munchkin kept reminding me, no one threw up. I am calling it a success! Anyway, here are some of the things we took pictures of:
The girls glamming up Squirt.

Raking the leaves. ET and I raked them up and used a tarp to throw them all in the backyard. I wouldn't let them jump in them because I am a mean Mom and didn't want cat poo all over everything!
Guess who tolerates her tummy time for more than 2 seconds? She rolls and plays. It's phenomenal!
The set table for Thanksgiving. I finished that table runner that morning and I love how it turned out. I used remnants from Hancock ($1 each) and two of hubby's old shirts. So this cost me $3 and took about 1.5 hours with all the cutting and ironing and sewing. We started a new tradition that I found on the internet. We used a white sheet for the tablecloth and the kids each drew a picture on it. Then I wrote who all was there and the year. We used fabric crayons for the kids' drawings but I think next year, we will just use the fabric markers. (I am not supposed to put the crayon drawings in the dryer.)
Now back to real life.

No comments: