Thursday, November 5, 2009

Stage Fright

I was a very shy child. Very shy until towards the end of high school.

It seems I have passed this on to Thumbelina. Remember when she turned 2 and started crying when everyone sang Happy Birthday to her? She does not enjoy people watching her.


She alternated just standing there and fighting tears through the whole program. She didn't want to come and sit with me, so there she stood. But as soon as we got home and I was showing hubby the video, she started dancing along with it. Maybe next time I can convince all the other parents to turn around so she can enjoy herself.

1 comment:

GustoBones said...

My son did this very thing at his first basketball game. Just stood there on the court as the rest of the players ran back and forth playing the game. I wanted to sccop him up and rescue him. I am sure you felt the same way. She sure looked cute in her costume!