Monday, May 25, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

Sorry-no witty intelligent post today. Pregnancy ate up most of my brain cells and lack of sleep has taken care of the rest. I really can't complain about the sleep...so far anyway.


Squirt is quite possibly the best baby ever. Or she just knows she is the 4th baby and is acting accordingly. She is such a champ. She is eating great--although the kids think this whole nursing thing is hilarious. I am much more laid back about nursing this time. It was always such a cause of stress for me before. I never knew if they were getting enough or not. It's just so much easier to track it with ounces from a bottle. So this time, I am just letting things happen. We usually have to supplement with formula for her last feeding of the night, which makes me a little sad. But then she sleeps for 6 or 7 hours, and that more than makes up for it. She likes sleeping in her carseat much better than her crib. She no longer likes being swaddled. When she is ready to eat, she doesn't cry. She just grunts and wiggles until I pick her up. She likes pacifiers just fine but doesn't seem to need them. It hasn't been too hard getting back into the routine of having a newborn.


It is so nice to be able to roll over in bed, reach my feet and snuggle my kids again. I didn't really have a long recovery time--most of the pain was in my back from the epidural. The guy stabbed me 4-5 times before he finally got it in. And then I would have to pop my back everytime I stood up for the first week because my back was straightening out again. In other good news, I have lost 20 pounds in 10 days. Too bad my baby was almost 10 pounds and I gained 40. :(

No comments: