Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Let's Go Ride a Bike

Thumbelina learned to ride her little 12 inch bike without training wheels a few weeks ago. She asked hubby to take them off, was too afraid to try and rode her scooter for about a week. Then, we went to the church parking lot. Oh that magical place! The boy learned to ride there in it's wide open spaces. Thumbelina was afraid to try. So she sat on the seat, one foot on the pedal, and scooted around the lot pushing with her other foot.

I knew she could do it. So I held her up. She started pedaling. She went a little too fast for out of shape Mom to keep up. So I let go. She immediately put her feet down.

So we tried again.

I held onto the seat. She got settled. She kept looking over her shoulder at me. She began to pedal. I ran a bit with her. Then I said, "I am letting go---KEEP PEDALING!!!"

I let go.

She looked over her shoulder once to see me...not holding on.

Then she grinned from ear to ear and shouted, "I'm doing it!"

No comments: